When booking a video conference, please remember that you are committing to preparing your students. You should ensure that all who will participate have the necessary tech equipment and connection details, and are ready to dialogue on the chosen topic. You can teach or discuss the topic in class, complete exercises from Generation Global’s teacher resources or assign the relevant topic from our Ultimate Dialogue Adventure site for students.
Video Conference Sanctions Policy
Since significant time and preparation is required from the Generation Global team to set up each video conference and partner schools will be preparing their own students, please avoid cancelling a video conference at late notice, or connecting to a video conference late. To try to prevent this, we will give a warning to any participant that violates the following:
- Participant connects late to a video conference (more than 15 minutes after the connection time)
- Late cancellation of a video conference (less than 5 days’ notice prior to the event date)
- Not showing to a video conference
A participant can be excused for the above behaviour if there are exceptional circumstances such as:
- Unscheduled school closure (due quarantine measures, political unrest, strikes etc.)
- Extreme adverse weather conditions, natural disasters or any event of force majeure
- Power or internet outages
- Personal circumstances
A second case of violation of these policies without any exceptional circumstances may result in a suspension from booking video conferences for three months.